Sunday, October 19, 2008

Tomato Bowl

A few weeks ago we went back to my hometown for the 50th Anniversary of the opening my high-school, Lee- Davis. They had a big celebration at the Tomato Bowl, which is the traditional rivalry of the first two high schools in Hanover County, Lee-Davis and Patrick Henry. The place was packed and Dad saw lots of folks from his era (he graduated from Lee-Davis in 75). Unforutantely, there weren't took many folks there that I recognized, but I did see my basketball coach, Bob Rodgers and a few other teachers that I remembered. The Confederates ended up losing the game, but it was fun to go back to a hometown football game.

They had some neat things planned for the 50th Anniversary Celebration and we took some video of one of them. They had sky divers come down to deliver the flag and the game ball. Jason Mraz is in the background singing the National Athem. (It's recorded, not live. He graduated from Lee-Davis with me in 1995)

Posted by Picasa

No comments: